Boat Cruises and Ferry Rides
Breweries & Vineyards
Canoe and Kayak Rivers
Canoe and Kayak Trip Outfitters
Casinos and Race Tracks
Cheese Factories & Tours
Farm Tours & Petting Zoos
Mountainbike & Off-road Trails
National Forests & Recreation Areas
Orchards & Pick-Your-Own
State Parks, Forests & Recreation Areas
Summer Camps & Youth Programs
Train Rides & Railroad Museums
Wisconsin Train Rides and Railroad Museums
Map of Wisconsin Train Rides and Railroad Museums
- Little Amerricka Amusement Park and Miniature Golf
- An old fashioned, family owned amusement park, where young and old alike can enjoy an entire afternoon of affordable classic family fun. Little Amerricka is also home to one of this country's most extensive premier light railways, keeping the knowledge and passion of a by gone era alive.
700 E Main St, Marshall, Dane County.
- National Railroad Museum
- Explore America's railroad heritage. Marvel at the Union Pacific Big Boy, the world's largest steam locomotive, and Eisenhower's World War II command train. Over 70 pieces of railroad equipment on display. Ride a full-size train. Open year around: Monday - Saturday 9 - 5 pm, Sunday 11 - 5 pm.
Call 920-437-7623. E-mail email@example.com Web www.nationalrrmuseum.org
2285 S Broadway, Green Bay, Brown County.
- Heritage Historical Village / Railroad Museum
- Tour 5 historic buildings moved to the village for preservation; train depot, church, school, log cabin, and an octagon shaped house. Most have original or period furnishings. Examine rail equipment including a locomotive, boxcar, and two cabooses. Browse the depot and its exhibits of railroad artifacts and memorabilia. Open: first and third Sundays from Jun thru Aug. Hours: 1 pm - 4 pm. Group tours or appointments can be made by calling. Hosts an annual August 'Heritage Days & Rail Fest' event.
Call 920-982-8557 or 920-982-5186.
900 Montgomery Street, New London, Outagamie County.
- Lumberjack Steam Train and Camp Five Museum
- Call 715-674-3414.
US 8 and Route 32, Laona, Forest County.
- Chippewa Valley Railroad Association
- A scenic, half-mile, miniature steam- and gasoline-powered train ride located in Eau Claire's premier Carson Park. Join us for a for a leisurely journey along beautiful Half Moon Lake and through the northwoods of Western Wisconsin. Since 1977, the Chippewa Valley RR Association has been entertaining visitors from around the world. Open noon - 5 pm, every Sunday and Holiday (Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day) from May 28th, 2012 until September 3rd, 2012. $3 Adults, $2 Children.
811 Carson Park Drive, Eau Claire, Eau Claire County.
- Colfax Railroad Museum
- The Colfax Railroad Museum has a collection of railroad equipment from railroads that serviced the western Wisconsin and eastern Minnesota region. The depot houses the large collection of lanterns, railroad china, and the nation's largest railroad paper-weight collection. The purpose of these artifacts is to show what people encountered on day-to-day activities with the railroads and how the technology changed throughout time. May & Sep: Sat/Sun 11 am - 4 pm; Jun - Aug: Thu-Sun 11 am - 4 pm.
500 E Railroad Ave, Colfax, Dunn County.
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway
- Diesel and steam train rides. The Osceola & St Croix Valley Railway is a Division of the Minnesota Transportation Museum. All members of the OSV train family are volunteers and love to share their hobby with you. Charter days and times - Thurs 11am and 2pm, Sat and Sun 11am and 2:30 am. Trains operate April through October. Coach and First Class service available.
114 Depot Rd, Osceola, Polk County.
- Pepin Railroad Depot Museum
- On Highway 35 in Laura Ingalls Wilder Park.
800 3rd S, Pepin, Pepin County.
- Railroad Memories Museum
- Housed in the former Chicago & Northwestern Depot, the museum contains an outstanding collection of vintage railroading memorabilia from around the nation. It is staffed by volunteers, including the retired railroaders who lead guided tours through the old depot's 12 history-packed rooms. Open daily Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend 10 am to 5 pm.
Call 715-635-2752 or 715-635-3325.
424 N Front St, Spooner, Washburn County.
- Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad Excursion Train
- Open daily June to Oct 9 am to 5 pm. Steam train excursions between Spooner and Trego run 3-4 times each day.
426 N Front St, Spooner, Washburn County.
- East Troy Electric Railroad Museum
- The East Troy Electric Railroad runs from East Troy to Mukwonago in southeast Wisconsin. Regular weekend service begins May 12th and continues every weekend and holiday through October 21st. Weekday trains run from June 13th through August 31st on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. No reservations are required!
2002 Church St, East Troy, Walworth County.
- Depot Museum
- Permanent railroad exhibit. Free admission. Open May 22 through Sept. 26 1 to 4 pm. Wed, Sat, Sun and holidays or by appt.
1108 1st Center Ave, Brodhead, Green County.
- Fennimore Railroad Historical Museum
- Open daily Memorial Day to Labor Day 10 am to 4 pm. Weekends only Sep and Oct. Displays the engine, depot and memorabilia of the narrow gauge (15" track) railroad that once traveled from Fennimore to Woodman.
Call 608-822-3599 or 800-822-1131.
610 Lincoln Ave, Fennimore, Grant County.
- Mid-Continent Railway Museum
- Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society--also known as Mid-Continent Railway Museum--is an outdoor, living museum and operating railroad recreating the small town/short line way of life during the "Golden Age of Railroading," spanning the years 1880-1916, with operating trains, educational exhibits, and displays of restored rolling stock. Mid-Continent has operated at North Freedom, Wisconsin since 1963. Weekends - trains depart 11am, 1 pm, and 3 pm.
Call 608-522-4261 or toll-free 800-930-1385 for reservations.
E8948 Diamond Hill Rd, North Freedom, Sauk County.
- Mineral Point Depot and Museum
- The Mineral Point depot was built in 1856 from local materials, and has survived to become the oldest depot in Wisconsin. The Mineral Point Railroad Society was formed in 2000 to further the restoration of Mineral Point's historic railroad depot, and to promote historic preservation and community awareness through related historical activities.
11 Commerce St, Mineral Point, Iowa County.
- Park Lane Model Railroad Museum
- Call 608-254-8050.
S2083 Herwig Rd, Reedsburg, Sauk County.
- Riverside & Great Northern Railway
- Open weekends, Apr - Dec; daily, Memorial Day - Labor Day. Fifteen inch gauge steam-powered operating railroad, 45 minute ride covering 3 miles. This living railroad museum looks back into the history of railroading in Wisconsin. Nestled in the toe of Juneau County is the road bed of the Lacrosse and Milwaukee Railroad built 1857. Sandley's moved their operation here in 1952 from Janesville. The buildings represent railroad facilities found at railroad terminals at the turn of the 20th century.
One mile north on Stand Rock Road, N115 Cty N, Juneau County.