More Ways to
Click on Calendar
Find by Keyword
Find by City
Find by County
Find by Subject
Find by Date Range
Listed below are 126 event Subjects which you may use to help you find events on Wisconline. Each event may use as many as three Subjects (if appropriate). The Subject list changes over time. Your comments are welcome.
- Ballooning hot-air balloons and the occasional dirigible.
- Baseball and softball.
- Blues music.
- Boating powerboats and jet skiis. For non-motorized watercraft see Canoeing, Kayaking and Sailing.
- Books reading & discussion groups, author visits and book signings, poetry readings, book publishing.
- Canoeing Kayaking (below) is separate.
- Cars Car and truck shows, meets and races.
- Circus Circuses, circus parades, clown events, jugglers, acrobatic performances.
- Classical classical and chamber music.
- Community community-building, social development, neighborhood improvement, peace, and social justice related events.
- Computers computers and technology.
- Country music.
- Cruises Scheduled boat cruises for sightseeing or featuring music and dining.
- Curling curling is now an Olympic sport, and Wisconsin is home to more curlers including many national and world champions than any other state!
- Dance dance performances.
- Dancing classes and participation.
- Education use Schools for events sponsored by individual schools.
- Environment environment and energy-related events.
- Ethnic any event associated with a specific ethnic group or about ethnicity.
- Fairs intended mainly for state and county fairs, but also used for other events calling themselves fairs.
- Families any event that is primarily family-oriented.
- FarmMarkets community farmer's markets, orchard sales, and pick-your-own.
- Festivals ethnic and community festivals, music fests, and arts & crafts festivals. Festivals usually include a variety of separate activities and often (though not always) occur over several days.
- Flying powered aircraft, soaring and hang-gliders.
- Folk music.
- Food events about food, cooking, and nutrition (not events at which food is merely available for consumption). Includes events for which food is the primary focus, such as wine tastings, chili cookoffs, cooking lessons, and baking contests.
- Games computer games, board games incl. chess, puzzles, and challenges.
- Gaming bingo, legalized casinos, gambling, and racetracks.
- Gardening gardening events, including home vegetable gardening, flower shows, landscaping seminars, and events in public gardens.
- Government hearings, meetings, conferences.
- Holidays religious and secular holidays and observances.
- Homes home buying and home improvements, including remodelling and interior decorating.
- International events concerned with other countries and world affairs.
- Jobs career expos, job fairs, and any event related to employment.
- Kids any event intended primarily for kids, or with a special emphasis on kids.
- Kites kite-building, kite-flying and competitions.
- Men events with a special emphasis for or about men.
- Military events related to veterans and the armed forces, including commemorations.
- Motorcycles and ATVs.
- Multisport triathlons, duathlons, aquathons, and other multiple sport events. However, Triathlons are a separate subject.
- Music all kinds.
- Nightlife nightclub and coffee house acts and performances.
- Opera opera, operettas, and comic opera.
- OutdoorRec any event thought of as an outdoor activity or outdoor recreation (not merely taking place outside).
- Parents any event with an emphasis for or about parents and parenting.
- Pets all kinds.
- Poetry poetry books, readings, or any event related to poetry.
- Politics political meetings, conferences, demonstrations; and events about politics, elections, issues, and the political process.
- Polka the official Wisconsin state dance.
- Pop music.
- Quilts quilt shows, quilt art exhibits, quilting.
- Reenactments medieval faires, trappers' rendezvous and Civil War encampments.
- Religion events about religion and religious issues, as well as events sponsored by any religious institution.
- Rock music.
- Running fundraising walks/runs and competitive runs and walks, as well as events about running.
- Sailing sailing, wind-surfing, and ice sailing.
- Sales Maxwell Street days, sidewalk sales, merchant "open houses," and other retail sale events.
- Schools any school-related event at any level.
- Scuba Scuba diving classes, demonstrations and recreational events.
- Seniors events with a special emphasis for or about seniors.
- Singles events with a special emphasis for or about singles.
- Skating ice, roller, in-line and skate boarding.
- Skiing-Snowshoeing downhill, cross-country, snowshoeing, snow-boarding and water skiing. For jet-skiis see Boating.
- Socials Picnics, teas, barbecues, dinners and other community get-togethers, often centered around a meal. Socials usually feature a single major activity and take place on a single day (examples: pancake breakfasts, chicken dinners, ice cream socials, duck races).
- Sports encompasses all spectator and competitive sports.
- Teens events with a special emphasis for or about teenagers.
- Trains historic steam trains, train rides, railway museums, hobby railroad events, circus trains, and wagon trains.
- Travel trips and tours organized in Wisconsin but going (shudder!) elsewhere, as well as travelogues and events about travel.
- Triathlon please put two sport events under subject: Multisport.
- Trucks truck events, big rigs, truck show.
- Walking recreational walking and hiking, including nature walks, architectural walks, and neighborhood walks. Competitive walks should be listed under Running.
- WineTasting wine events at wineries, or wine tasting events regardless of the location.
- Winter we got it, and we celebrate it! Sleigh rides, ice sculpture, snowshoes, snowmobiling, dog-sled racing, skijoring, candlelight skiing, and winter festivals.
- Women events with a special emphasis for or about women.
- Wrestling high school, intercollegiate and professional.
Wisconsin Online® reserves the right to make the final determination with regard to appropriate Subject assignments for each event listed on Wisconline®.